Welcome to the Religious Education page. This page gives you an overview of various opportunites for your family's faith formation. For more information or questions on any program on this page, please contact Rebecca Reamer in the Religious Education Office.
Students who are of school age and have not been baptized Catholic or received the Sacraments of Reconciliation and First Eucharist can receive preparation from the Religious Education Office. Contact Rebecca Reamer for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org or 419-381-0240.
Programs Available Through the Religious Education Office
Family Faith Formation
Family Faith is our parish religion class for children who do not attend a Catholic school. It is available for registered parishioners in Kindergarten through 6th grade. Sessions meet on Wednesday nights from 6:15- 7:30 PM September through May. Seventh & Eighth graders attend the EDGE Program on Wednesday nights from 6:15 - 7:45 p.m. in the Holy Family Center.
Sacramental preparation for First Reconciliation and First Communion also take place during the sessions. The cost is $65 per child per year with multiple child discount.
A home schooling option is available by contacting Rebecca Reamer.
Family Registration packets are available by contacting Rebecca Reamer at 381-0240 or via email Rebecca Reamer.
SPH students and EDGE (7th & 8th grade Youth Group) participants receive the Sacrament of Confirmation in the 8th grade. This process begins with a blessing at Mass in the fall and ends with the Confirmation ceremony in the spring of the students' 8th grade year.
In the interim there are several requirements:
- A letter of intent must be written to the pastor;
- A Confirmation name/Saint report must be submitted;
- Appropriate sponsor must be chosen and approved;
- Three Parent/Candidate sessions must be completed that involve recognition of sacramental symbolism, creating a collage that demonstrates awareness of the presence of the Gifts or Fruits of the Spirit in the modern world, creating a Coat of Arms about their personal spirituality;
- Three Sponsor/Candidate sessions must be completed that involve the sponsor sharing his/her won faith story, the candidate creating a power point presentation or collage about his/her prayer life, the candidate and sponsor recognizing and discussing the presence of Catholic Social Justice Teachings in a popular movie of their choice;
- Completion of 20 service hours by the candidate and submission of written reflections that relate the service project to relevant Catholic Social Justice Teachings;
- Participation in eight large group (with small group discussion time) instruction classes - SPH students receive instruction during the school day while EDGE students receive instruction on Wednesday nights;
- Participation in a final retreat;
- Completion of a final interview.
A parent meeting is held in the fall of the 8th grade year to explain the overall process.
Service hours can be started after the 7th grade year is completed. Service hour forms are available in the Narthex under the bulletin board.
Pre-registration is helpful but walk-ins are always welcomed!
Sunday Preschool is held during the 9:30 Mass for children 3-5 years old. This program gives children the opportunity to learn more about Jesus in a simpler language through various activities. This program meets September through May. The cost is $20 per child for the year. A registration form is available in the left column of this webpage.
Children's Liturgy of the Word
For kindergarten through 4th grade.
Come and join us at 9:30 Sunday Mass! Instead of simply training a child to be quiet and sit through Mass, Children’s Liturgy of the Word helps children to discover their Christian identity and feel a part of the liturgical life of our parish. After the opening prayer, the priest invites the children to attend their own special Liturgy of the Word in a separate area, usually located in the school cafeteria. While the adults hear the word of God proclaimed and reflect upon its meaning, the children are also listening to the Word of God at their own level. It is presented in an enjoyable, fun way that allows active participation. At the conclusion of the Liturgy of the Word, the children rejoin their families and the rest of the congregation for the celebration of the Liturgy of the Eucharist.
No pre-registration - join us for dismissal during the Mass.
To become an adult volunteer for this program call Rebecca Reamer.